Sunday, July 1, 2012

Still Here

I am still here, the tired and slightly less overwhelmed mother of 3 very active boys! The twins will be starting kindergarten a week from tomorrow! I am encouraged to see how excited they are about school, but there is a huge part of me that does not want to release control of the education of my children. We live in a rural county that has 9 rural schools. Our school will have 26 kids K-8 this next year with 2 teachers and 1 1/2 teachers aides (one aide is also the school secretary). The kindergarten class of 5 will be the largest grade in the school and one of the largest classes for quite some time. If we didn't have this school, I would homeschool, no question. And we might just have too homeschool! We recently had to move as the house we were renting at the edge of my husband's family ranch was sold out from under us. We tried to buy it, but the house was old, lacked a foundation and did not qualify for a conventional loan. Once we finally had financing in place we lost the house to a couple with a ton of money who didn't need to bother the bank about foundations and dry rot and wanted a project. It was a very stressful time for us, but we are settling in about 6 miles down the road and saving to build our own home on the ranch. I have a pile of floor plans here on my desk to keep me company. One of the complications of this move (besides having all my possessions shoved into boxes) is moving 1/4 mile out of district. We are going to try for an inter district transfer but we are not expecting to get it. If the appeal to the county is denied then we will be a homeschooling family. Part of me is looking forward to homeschooling. Another part of me is looking forward to 3 1/2 hours a day with just one kid! After having twins first, well I find one kid amazingly easy! I can get sooo much done with just one kid! Especially one kid who still naps and hour and a half each day! If I could get nap time and school time to coincide I would be a very happy mama! Well, the kids are off in a hay field with daddy and a nap for me sounds like a good idea. Its been a long week and its only Sunday!

No comments: